Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Life With a Husband

It's just shy of two months since we got married, and just over seven months since we started dating.  Which means that really, we're still getting used to each other.  There's still things we're learning about each other.  Like his temper, which is related to his bipolar.  I knew he had a temper.  But I'd never really seen it until after we got married, because we never really fought that much before we got married.

I don't know what it is, but marriage changes the relationship.  It suddenly makes it more intense.  Maybe it's the expectations that so many people have about marriage.  Or the fact that you can't just decide to break up like you could before.  Once you're married, ending the relationship means divorce.  And divorce is not fun.  I know.  I did that before.  It took me a LONG time to recover from it.  In fact, it wasn't until I started dating my current husband that I could really say I was over my first one.

I love being married.  Actually, it's more that I love being married to this man.  This man who is so much younger than me, but so, so perfect for me.  Even when we're fighting.  Even when he's having a severe mood swing.  Even when I want to strangle him.  I adore him.  I love him more than I thought it was possible to love a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment