Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Obligatory Introduction Post

First, let me explain the name of my blog. I am Gwynne, aka Weenie, aka Super Weenie. It's a nickname that my former roommate/current sister-in-law gave me shortly after I moved in with them. Not entirely sure how she came up with it, but it stuck to the point that even my now-husband/her brother occasionally calls me Weenie. All of our friends call me Weenie. It was irritating at first, but it grew on me.

So when I needed a name for this new blog, something unique that wasn't already taken and popularized, that's what I came up with.

Okay, now, a little about myself. Right now, I'm 33-years-old. I have a 14-year-old son. And a 20-year-old husband. Yes, that means I am technically a cougar... I'm sure I'll be writing a LOT about that one.

It's not my first marriage. My first was... well... it was interesting. I doubt I'll write much about that one. I don't really talk to my ex at all. He's not my son's biological father, so there is no tie there.

My life is... interesting. I'm broke, for now. I work for myself, which makes it slightly easier to get money, but it's still tough. Between the crappy economy, and my ADHD which has my mind EVERYWHERE... Yeah... I'm broke LOL We survive, and I'm working on being not broke, but yeah.

So about the whole married to a 20-year-old thing... 'cuz I'm sure that's going to be a point of contention, considering I get all sorts of flack about it IRL, I love him. He is the most amazing person to me, even when he's driving me absolutely insane. Marriage in general is never exactly easy; throw a 13 year age difference into the mix, and it's all sorts of not exactly easy. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. Oh, and we've only been together six months. We got married five months after we started dating... October 29th, 2011. So yes, that means we've only been married a month. Crazy, I know.

I'm an internet geek. Major internet geek. I'm online A LOT. I spend ENTIRELY too much time on Facebook. Ask my husband. He'll tell you. (BTW, I love saying that, MY HUSBAND :) ) I used to be WAY addicted to Twitter, but that's died down a bit for me. For now... I'm sure that addiction will come back, now that I'm starting another blog.

Yes, another blog. This is not my first rodeo. I've run multiple blogs in the past, including two very successful blogs, Lemonade Mama and Fat Girl Gets Fit. I let them go due to various craziness in my life. I miss those blogs, and my readers, and that's why I'm starting this one. I want to be a part of that blogging community again.

So what will you see here? I'm not going to focus on any one particular topic with this blog. I'll probably post multiple times a day about cooking, life in general, working from home, life as a semi-cougar, being a mom, and probably some product reviews and such. I'm not a normal person, so don't expect much normalcy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment